SmartHR has been developed, tested and evolved over 14 years, hundreds of implementations and thousands of users so it’s a robust and proven solution. It was designed as an HR system from the beginning. By contrast, many competing products began as payroll or financial systems and had HR added as an afterthought.
The implementation of our HR system can take between 2 weeks and 6 months – it depends on the size of your organisation, the amount of existing data and how fragmented it is, and the level of customisation you need. We’ll provide you with accurate costs and time frames upfront based on thorough business analysis. The system runs on the latest Microsoft-standard technology (.Net and SQL) and not a legacy platform like other products, so it’s easier and cheaper to maintain and it’s more scalable.
SmartHR is designed and built in South Africa (for the SA environment) by our in-house HR professionals and with extensive external industry and client input and is guaranteed to be compliant with all South African labour law reporting and record keeping obligations.
SmartHR is easier to use, has more features and fewer compromises than payroll and financial products which have been adapted for HR. It is implemented by our certified consultants who follow a methodology derived from hundreds of implementations to deliver your solution on time and within budget.
These features include:
- Powerful HR tools: SmartHR overlays its consolidated database with a suite of productivity tools that perform even complex HR tasks quickly and easily. SmartHR does almost all the work for you. Its 5 modules – people administration, talent management, performance management, time and attendance, and payroll management – cover the workforce management needs of any organisation, large or small.
- Programmable workflows: SmartHR’s workflow system lets you model and automate your HR processes so that correct procedures are followed and required approvals are received for every HR transaction without fail. Configure each workflow to start when a nominated event takes place or schedule them to run at a specified date and time. Workflows prompt employees for required input or to complete tasks, and alert users and managers to important events. Use SmartHR’s preinstalled, best-practice workflow templates or create new ones to cater to your unique requirements.
- Communication framework: Modern employees demand instant communication. SmartHR delivers. Its integrated communication framework can transmit any document or report it produces instantly without having to fire up a separate application or device. It also sends notifications and alerts to its users and managers by email or SMS, keeping them informed of every event that affects them as it happens.
- Fully integrated services: Each SmartHR module is engineered to perform a set of specialised HR tasks with flawless precision. But they all work on the same database and communicate with each other seamlessly. That continuity of workflow lets you get more done in less time, eliminating the bottlenecks found in manual systems or unintegrated applications. SmartHR also integrates with your line-of-business applications to extract real-time data fresh from the source – such as biometric clock machines. So you’ll spend even less of your valuable time waiting for information, or capturing and updating records.
- Guaranteed compliance: Managing compliance shouldn’t take the focus off your mission. SmartHR is programmed to adhere to all applicable South African labour law requirements – guaranteed. It virtually eliminates the risk of non-compliance because it automatically manages record keeping and required reporting for employee relations, equity, health and safety, training accreditation and more.
- Scalability: SmartHR’s database and programs are designed to permit virtually unlimited scalability without performance loss. Whether you’re an SME with 25 employees or a large multinational with over 20,000 workers, it’ll service your requests continuously, instantly and without fail.
- Adaptability: SmartHR will adapt and evolve with your growing needs. It’s incredibly flexible, allowing you to add or remove modules, or change features to meet new requirements. Further customise the system with configuration forms and fields, unique workflows, automation and custom reporting.
- Mobility: You can access SmartHR outside your company through web and mobile technology. No matter where you are, you can carry out any HR task – even query and analyse your workforce data – quickly over the Internet.
- Security: SmartHR keeps its data secure. You’ll have full control over who can access your HR data and what they can do with it. Features such as full audit trails, encrypted passwords, and Active Directory integration provide robust protection that meets today’s highest security standards.
SmartHR is supported locally by experienced and qualified specialists who understand how to make the solution work for you.